Earlier this year Andrew’s Trains passed the 100,000 individual views mark. I was very pleased at that result. You can read more by clicking the link above. With the start of 2019 I wanted to review the year that was at Andrew’s Trains, and see what insights came to light.
The year that was
2018 was a good year. Of note have been that the small layout designs have been of greatest interest to those visiting. Of note:
- Just over 32000 hits on the blog, and
- Almost every month was bigger than the year before (which is good)
Insights show that most people are still looking at the layout designs. So that will give me the focus for this year.
The year that will be
During 2019 I’ll have a couple of projects that I want to complete. These are:
- More modelling and scratchbuilding – kitbashing/modding – articles including completing all the outstanding/started but not finished freight car projects,
- Updating all the small layout designs with their own pages and a written operating plan to help readers understand their design and operation, and
- Chronicling the design and build of my own small layout (8′ x 1.5′ – 2400mm x 450mm) shunting layout, with off-board staging.
I’ll be uploading more sketched ideas, and less of the computer generated designs than I have in the past. This is simply down to time, as in I don’t have enough of it to spend on learning new software packages while not having enough time to model. With my work as a tram driver I just don’t have the spare time to devote to any hobby that I’ve had in the past working regular 9-5 jobs.
I’ll be finishing the current XAF10 Railbox series of articles and complete the build articles that I’ve been working on for quite some time for the Victorian Government Railways ‘GY’ wagon build, and any other outstanding articles completed too.
Thanks for coming back and thanks too for those of you following the channel. You are the reason I’m doing this. I love sharing my skills, tools and ideas and all I hope is that you get the bug and start to build and operate. All the best.