We’re in the process of moving and it’s time to slim down my hobby book and railroad paper collection…
What’s for sale?
Items have been arranged into four categories:
- Rare/Out of Print books
- Railroad/Railway Modelling (including operations, track planning, etc.)
- Railroad Paper (WTT, ETT, Rule and other books)
- Modelling General (mainly military)
To simplify the process of selling the books and paper here is how I want the process to go – nice and simple.
- My preferred payment method is PayPal. You must have a valid email address to use PayPal. I’ll consider pick up with payment by cash on a case by case basis. See the Q and A section below for more.
- All transactions will be invoiced via PayPal. The invoice will include the item cost, the cost of Australia Post’s shipping box/padded bag/etc. and your choice of insurance. I will confirm postage/shipping costs once you have confirmed the book or books you are buying.
- Purchases will not be sent until the invoice has been paid in full and received into my PayPal account.
Postage / Shipping
- All purchases will be cardboard reinforced, and bubble wrapped before posting
- Postage costs will vary depending on weight/displacement (cubic volume), and destination
- I urge you to pay for postal insurance on all books purchased. I can guarantee the condition of the books when they leave my house. All bets are off once they get into the hands of Australia Post, their international shipping partners, Australian Customs and Border security and your version of the same.
- I will send images of any books purchased as packed to the buyer as proof of condition before sending (another reason for needing an email address)
- Should you choose NOT to pay for insurance on your items, you accept all responsibility for any damage caused during the postal/shipping process
Q and A
- How will the books be sold?
- All books will be sold on a first come first served basis. The first person to contact me, and commit to buy, will be considered the winner. If invoices are not paid for within 48 hours, the second person in the email list will be offered the book, and so on until sold and paid for.
- How do I purchase a book, or books?
- Follow the procedure below:
- Click the book cover
- Copy the title including the $ value
- Use the contact form on the sales page to message me that you want to purchase the book/s
- Follow the procedure below:
- How will I know if I’ve ‘won’ the item?
- You will be contacted by email, with a PayPal invoice. This is a first in buyer wins sale – just like in a store.
- Are the prices on each item set; are you open to offers?
- Only the rare book prices are set ‘as is’. For all other books I’m open to offers – no ‘reasonable’ offer will be refused.
- What currency will I be billed in?
- All books are priced in Australian dollars and you will be invoiced as such through PayPal. So for overseas buyers you’ll be getting a bargain.
- Will you combine purchases?
- I will bundle books together and ship as one unit to save you on postage and shipping costs. Please remember that books are usually weighty so postage will rise the more books you place in one package.
- Are you open to offers for the books for sale?
- I am open to offers on all books, with the exception of the rare books (these are already conservatively priced).
- Can I pick up the books to save on postage?
- If you live in Victoria (Australia) and can make it to either Ballarat or Melbourne’s CBD (depending on my work schedule), you can pick up from either of these locations by prior arrangement.
- If I pick the books up, can I pay by cash?
- I’d prefer to complete payment via PayPal. However, by prior arrangement I am happy to take your hard earned in person. I’ll email you totals and we’ll arrange a pick up time and place.
Have a question that is not covered above?
Use the form below to get in touch. I’ll update this post as new questions arise.
Interested in looking at the books
Go to the books sales page here: Book sales page