It’s all about the operation
Some facts you may not know about the Hunter Valley Lines:
- The concept has been around since 2003.
- The HVL refers to the original Hunter Valley coal lines in New South Wales Australia, and the coal railways of the Newcastle, Maitland and surrounding areas originally owned by J. A. Brown and Co.
- Is about my model railroading pursuits
- Covers the building and running of my Industrial Switching Layout (ISL).
- Was formerly hosted at the old website (offsite link here)
- Content from my old blog continues to move to this site.
- I’ve had layout designs and articles published in model railway magazines.
- I model US shortline railways, but I live in Ballarat, Victoria in Australia.
- I lived in Austin, Texas for 10 years between 1997 and 2006 (with my wife and family).
- I am a railroad paper collector and have a large collection of rule books, timetables and associated operating paperwork.
- I am a self-employed IT consultant – a specialist in fixing Service Delivery teams, through training, mentoring and restaffing.