Built by Duncan and Fraser of Adelaide in 1914 for the Prahran and Malvern Tramways Trust as an E class maximum traction, bogie, drop end and centre combination. It became MMTB Tram 42. Brought to Ballarat in 1951, renumbered as Tram 39, where it completed 375,981 miles. Sold to the Lismore (VIC) Lions Club in 1971 and used as a park display.
Purchased by the Ballarat Tramway Museum and returned to Ballarat in 1977. Converted by museum staff into the museum display area and shop, taking up the original 1 road in the shed at the Ballarat Tramway Museum.