High Cube Shipping Containers – Dimensions
High-cube (HC) containers are very similar in structure to standard shipping containers; differing only in height. In contrast to standard containers, which have a maximum internal height of 2591 mm (8’6″), HC containers are 2896 mm, or 9’6″, tall. HC containers are for the mostly 40′ long, and are also available in 45′ length.
Image 1: A HC 40′ container
Modelling in HO Scale
There are several options for you if you model HO (1/87th) scale:
- Printable files you can download and print out ideally on card
- Walthers make several length containers
- Atlas makes containers also
Modelling in other scales
- N scale has containers available both as printed and plastic models (available from Walthers)
- S Scale is problematic but it can be overcome by heading to this site. You’ll have to purchase the files and then print them to scale
- O scale has recently become less difficult to model containers in thatnks to the good people at Atlas. They just recently released some TrainMan range 20 foot ISO containers in 1:48 scale. You can still print and make your own but these are not out of reach for two containers for around $25 US.
Detail Photos of a High Cube container
In 2013 my work received a 40′ High-Cube container full of stock. While it was on-site I snapped as many photos as I could for future reference. They may be used for your personal use only. No commercial use may be made of them. Copyright Ian Andrew Martin 2013.