While I cannot find anything of use (at all) on the Dapol site on the new UK Class 08 shunter they’re releasing sometime during 2016. You can read more about it on Tower Model’s website: http://www.tower-models.com/towermodels/ogauge/dapol/dapolloco/class08/index.htm
The nuts and bolts of the model are as follows:
- Fine cast metal coupling hooks and chains.
- Finely moulded body with many separately added fine details.
- Etched name plates where applicable.
- DCC ready with PluX 22 pin socket for control of all aspects of running.
- Cast wheels with fine relief and appropriate colouring.
- Tungsten chassis and all wheel pick-up.
- Tooling designed to allow production of alternate models in the future.
- Powerful 5 pole skew wound motor and flywheel for superior running and performance
- Accessory bag with spares and other added detail.
Surprisingly, the model will be reasonably affordable for those of us overseas (not in old Blighty). Considering that we don’t have to pay the VAT, even with shipping, the base cost is only about the $AU355 dollar mark – depending on the currency fluctuation. And that is not that bad. Anyone interested in helping “The Andrew Martin Inaugural O Scale Loco Conservation and Operating Fund”? This will make sure that I can properly curate and run one of these little beauties for all time! And you will get your name engraved on a scale sized plate on the side of the locomotive; And you’ll get to come over and run the loco too on running days! You may have to pay your own airfare, although you can sleep on the couch for free!
While I’m waiting for the money to arrive zip on over to the Albion Yard blog to see the images. Outstanding stuff Dapol. But should I have to go to Tower Model’s website to see more about your model? Really?