Operations 106 – An operations bibliography
This bibliography is provided as a means for you to begin your search for more information on operations. There are links to large and small railway sites of note from people that I either know personally, have been referred to by my clients or that I have found useful when I was learning about operations and layout design.
If you have any suggestions for sites that you’d like to see included please drop me a line here: <link to no spam email script>.
Websites of interest
The following links will provide you with a great overview of operations:
- The OpSIG operations primer is a great place to start. This site provides answers to the many questions we all have when we are starting out.
- For an Introduction to Car Cards and Waybills (CC&WB) drop on by another OpSIG site. This article is a reprint for the OpSIG’s excellent member publication the Dispatcher’s Office.
- This link leads to the OpSIG’s suggested internet resources. Take a look through all of the resources thay have collected. Initially take a look at the car forwarding links.
- This link provides a basic overview of operations and car cards and waybills for your model railroad layout.
- The final link, mentioned in other pages above, shows you how to operate your layout using car cards and waybills.
Large layouts sites of note
Small Layouts sites of Note
Lance Mindheim’s personal site is a real eye opener as to the quality of work that can be achieved in a relatively small space. Visit Lances site by clicking here.
Chris Gilbert’s Layouts:
Carl Arendt’s site
The HVL Layout Design Gallery